I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. I love muffins. They are the perfect compact snack to bring on the go or fancy up at home for a delicious snacking moment.
Not to get all deep in a blog post talking about muffins. But snacks like these symbolize more to me than just something to eat when I feel snacky. I am a routine-oriented person, and as a university student who works part-time, goes to the gym, tries to prioritize social time and alone time, getting enough sleep and so on… Clearly, everyday looks a little different. And although each day looks different, I like to keep certain things constant, taking a moment or two for myself in the midst of a busy day is very important, and it is one of my constants.
All of that to say, having an afternoon snack that I made myself FOR myself is something I truly appreciate having the opportunity to do. This is something that brings me peace in my day, so this is your reminder, that even though your day may be chaotic or unorganized, I encourage you to take a moment to do something for YOU, and if that is eating your meal prepped muffin, we are on the same page;)
These muffins check off all of the boxes. They have protein from eggs, greek yogurt, and whatever milk you use. Carbs from the oatflour, and healthy fats for the coconut oil and nut butter you may choose to top it with!
The crumble is optional, but it’s super easy to make and amplifies the flavours in this muffin. You will probably have extra crumble, which is perfect for yogurt bowls, with fruit, or for your next batch of muffins.
Like all of my other recipes, don’t be afraid to switch up some of the ingredients to fit your needs. If you aren’t feeling the berry vibes, swap in some chocolate chips, or keep them nice and plain.
Instead of greek yogurt, you could use cottage cheese or banana. Instead of coconut oil you could olive oil or another nut butter of your choice… Trust your gut.
Cinnamon Crunch Berry Protein Muffins Recipe
Yield: 12 muffins Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups oatflour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs (or 1/3 cup egg whites)
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup berries
- 1/3 cup oatflour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp brown sugar (or coconut)
- generous sprinkle cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add all wet ingredients into a large bowl and mix together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine them all together.
- Add berries of choice (I use frozen mixed berries)
- Make the crumble by adding dry ingredients and then adding the coconut oil and mixing together. (It should be nice and crumbly. I think you get the idea)
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray or line it with cupcake liners.
- Divide batter into 12 muffins. Sprinkle each muffin with a little crumble.
- Bake in preheated oven for 28 minutes.
- Let cool. Enjoy! HIGHLY recommend trying these out with some almond butter on top. Life changing.
per muffin using 1/2 of the crumble
Calories: 125 Total Fat: 6.5g Carbs: 13g Fibre: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 5g