Carrot Cake deserves an award in the cake community. And carrot cake WITH cream cheese frosting deserved the gold medal.
This recipe is what I like to think of as the ultimate balanced snack. What does that mean? Well, balance means a lot of things to me, but in terms of this snack, I consider it “balanced” because it gives you a good dose of protein, carbs and fat. Like I said, balance means a lot of things, but having snacks like this are the perfect way to enjoy a snack or sweet treat throughout your day that will make you feel fulfilled in all the ways you want.
I linked my protein frosting recipe below. I use the same recipe from my protein cinnamon rolls and it works equally as well for this recipe! I think it really enhances the carrot cake experience.
Cupcake or muffin? I’m not sure, either way, they’re delicious and moist, and who cares if it’s a muffin or cupcake!
Carrot Cake Muffins Recipe
Yield: 12 muffins Prep: 30 minutes
- 2 cups oatflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each, ground ginger & ground nutmeg
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- Frosting: Protein Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mash banana in a large bowl and whisk eggs in. Add yogurt, maple syrup, tahini, and vanilla extract. Stir all wet ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl and combine.
- Fold in shredded carrot and combine all together.
- Spray muffin tin with baking spray and spread batter evenly among 12-14 muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 26-27 minutes.
- While baking, mix together the ingredients for the greek yogurt cream cheese frosting linked above! If you don’t want that frosting, I recommend topping your muffin with almond butter, or any other nut butter of choice!
- Remove muffins when done baking and top with whatever you like! Enjoy!
per 1 of 12 muffins without frosting
Calories: 115 Total fat: 4g Sodium: 24mg Carbs: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 8g Protein: 5g