I kind of have a thing for chickpeas. Hummus is quite possibly on my list of top 3 snacks (in the savoury category). So making them into a fun dessert/snack only feels right.
I love a good banana bread or banana muffin, so this blondie recipe is perfect if you feel the same. A subtle hint of banana in this light and fluffy bar with hints of chocolate. It’s so good, trust me. If you don’t like chickpeas, don’t fear, you will never even know they are there.
Here are some more banana-based recipes you have to try!
Alright, my goal with this recipe is that you can find no excuse for not making it due to a lack of ingredients.
- honey can be swapped with maple syrup
- the banana can be swapped with 2 eggs, and a 1/3 cup of greek yogurt. (or ditch the yogurt) I would simply add a tbsp of sweetener since the banana adds some natural sweetness
- You can swap the peanut butter for any nut butter.
- Oat flour can be swapped for any other flour OR protein powder.
- If you are missing anything else, believe in yourself to make a well-informed decision for an alternative. I know you can do it.
Banana Chickpea Blondies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/3 cup oatflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- sprinkle salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (measure with your heart)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Rinse your canned chickpeas. Place them into the blender, and finish mashing with a fork in a bowl. Or mash them in a bowl if you don’t want to dirty the blender!
- Add mashed banana, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract to the bowl and stir together.
- Add the oatflour (or other flour of choice) to the mixture, along with baking soda, and salt. combine altogether.
- Add your chocolate chips to the batter, and throw some more on top if you want (I think you do)
- Pour batter into 8×8 baking dish. Make sure to either grease the pan or line with parchment paper so that the blondies don’t stick!
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.