Here is the double chocolate donut recipe you didn’t know you needed. I kept these nice and basic: double chocolate. However, I HIGHLY recommend having some fun with these by adding a little something special.
Make them festive by adding some crushed candy cane on top, some mini chocolate chips, skor bits, raspberries… you do you this holiday season.
If you don’t have a donut tin DON’T sweat it, just use a muffin tin. Same results just no hole in the middle!
If you are hesitant about the sweet potato, don’t be. It adds a “moist” texture and a slight sweetness to these decadent dark chocolaty cake donuts.
Kinda like my avocado brownies. Its all about the texture and flavour you know. Check out the brownie recipe below.
Put your comfy Christmas PJs on and have fun baking sweet treats for all the important people in your life, including yourself:)
Healthy Double Chocolate Sweet Potato Donuts Recipe
Makes: 6-8 donuts
- 1 large sweet potato, mashed
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or flour of choice)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- crack of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Poke holes with a fork into your sweet potato. Microwave your sweet potato for 6-8 minutes. Once the skin easily falls off and you can mash the sweet potato it is ready!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add your mashed sweet potato to a bowl along with your eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Add your cocoa powder, almond flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder to the bowl as well. Mix to combine altogether.
- Spray a donut pan OR muffin tin with non stick baking spray.
- Bake donuts in the oven for 15-16 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from the tin.
- Use chocolate frosting of choice or melt some chocolate and dip them in!