I am a major advocate for dips, sauces, and dressings. They literally make everything taste better. It’s as simple as that. If you don’t like them, just put less on, because you shouldn’t miss out on this.
This recipe is a fun take on a salad dressing, but can also be used as a dip for some crackers, veggies, or whatever you like to dip with.
Green goddess dressing has a bunch of variations on the www (world wide web), and this one is unique with the use of greek yogurt for some added protein and tanginess. Protein: check, flavour: check. You’re welcome.
For this recipe I included my “ultimate dressing” when I have access to all the ingredients. But if you just don’t have all this stuff on hand (like myself the majority of the time) you can omit and substitute as needed.
Use this sauce with salad, pasta, rice bowls, on a sandwich. Legit whatever you want.
- avocado: sub with more greek yogurt of just forget about it (it just adds a little thickness)
- Cilantro: you can use ANY fresh herb like parsley, mint, basil, and I sometimes use arugula as well. They each have their own unique flavour. (not gonna lie, if I have none of the above on hand, i’ll even just make it more of a greek yogurt based dressing on its own.)
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup cilantro (you can also use another fresh herb if you like something else more than cilantro)
- 1/2 lemon or lime juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp each salt & pepper (more to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp any other dried herb of choice (I often use an italian spice)
- Add everything to a blender and blend.
- That’s it. I know, pretty sweet.
You can keep this in the fridge for up to a week. Like usual, just keep an eye on the yogurt best before date.
Happy dipping fam!