If I had to pick one source of carb for breakfast for the rest of my life, here it is. Oatmeal is honestly my holy grail ingredient in baking, breakfast, and many other recipes. You can’t go wrong. So if you have someone who is an oatmeal hater in your life, send them to any of these recipes and kindly ask them to reassess:)
Protein Strawberry Jam Muffins
There’s more too. You can have an oatmeal field day on my website.
I’m being fully transparent here… I rarely use exact measurements when i’m making my overnight oats. However, just for the purpose of this post and your trusting in this recipe, I have measured for once. So if you’re a measuring legend, here ya go! And if you’re more like me, and like living on the edge, measure with your heart:)
This is a very basic recipe that you can truly customize however you like. Below I will list a few fun combos you can use as inspiration to make your oats even funner to eat. Yup, I said what I said.
Banana bread oats
- Classic oats recipe
- 1/2 banana mashed into the oats mixture
- Toppings: sliced banana, walnuts, Chocolate chips, nut butter (PB is my go-to for this combo)
- Classic oats recipe (I recommend using coconut milk for this one)
- toppings: shredded coconut, papaya, mango, and/or pineapple, Cashew butter
- Classic oats recipe
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg + extra cinnamon
- Add grated or finely diced apple to the mixture
- Toppings: chopped apple (if you want it to be boujee you can sauté in a pan with some coconut oil… SO good), walnuts, almond butter, sprinkle of brown sugar
Berry classic (my fave)
- Classic oats recipe(using almond butter)
- Toppings: fresh or frozen mixed berries, more almond butter, chopped dates, chopped almonds (I usually have these toppings along with any other fruit I have on hand. So simple, and so good)
Classic Overnight Oats Recipe
Serving: 1 or 2
- 2/3 cup old fashion rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (Oatmilk is my chosen milk)
- sprinkle cinnamon & pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 tbsp nut butter of choice (helps make them THICK)
- Optional: 1 scoop protein powder of choice (I like to use unflavoured collagen as well)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all dry ingredient to a container or into 1-2 mason jars. Mix them together.
- Add all wet ingredients and combine.
- Let sit in the fridge for a couple hours – overnight.
- Your oats are fine in the fridge for up to a week! just keep an eye on your yogurts best before date:)
- Top your oats with as few or as many toppings as you want and eat up.
One thought on “Classic Overnight Oats”
Hi JA, thanks for the recipes. Which iPad do you have? I’m thinking of getting a new one, generation 10. Did you get a keyboard with yours? I think I got you the pen for your unit. I’m glad the your going home for the funeral. Take care ….. see you next month. Love Papa 😘
Sent from my iPad