This recipe is taking chicken breast to the next level of deliciousness. Chicken satay is a Thai influenced dish that is typically marinated, grilled, and served with a peanut sauce. This recipe differs slightly as the peanut sauce flavours are actually in the marinade. And It is SO good.
Cooking With Chicken
If you like cooking with chicken, the breasts in particular, but hate when it’s tough and dry, I can ensure you that that will be last thing that comes to mind as you eat this chicken.
The chicken is made in a flavourful marinade with peanut butter, lime, soy sauce and more. It’s super healthy, and a great source of protein. There are many different side dishes that pair nicely with this meal. I HIGHLY recommend trying my Thai Salad recipe. Easily one of my favourite meals I’ve ever made.
This chicken satay is super delicious and great to prep in advance. With a powerful tasting marinade that has an incredible flavour. The peanut butter and coconut milk give it a sweet taste, that is counter balanced by the saltiness from the soy sauce and the sharpness from the lime juice. These flavours are all blended together with the addition of a few spices to really seal the deal.
Making a Meal
While there are many yummy things you could pair alongside of this chicken, my favourite is a daikon and vermicelli Thai Salad. Which I just so happen to be posting as well! Check it out here.
Chicken Satay Recipe
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Marinade: 2-8 hours Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 C canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Start by cutting you chicken breast into long thin slices. Not too thin as you want to make sure they can fit on a skewer to barbecue.
- Make your marinade by mixing together all spices in a medium bowl.
- Then add minced garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, coconut milk and sriracha and whisk to combine all ingredients.
- Put chicken into a large ziplock bag and add marinade to bag.
- Make sure all chicken is covered and put in the fridge and allow to marinade for several hours.
- Heat barbecue to high heat.
- While barbecue is heating up put your chicken on skewers
- Once barbecue is ready put chicken on and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken to cook other side for another 5 minutes.
- Cut into the middle of a piece of chicken to make sure it is cooked all the way through, but it shouldn’t take long as the chicken is thinly cut.
- Serve with the best Thai salad recipe!
Per 1 of 4 servings with marinade
Calories: 210 Total fat: 9g Sodium: 873mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 34g