I love a good cinnamon roll, and this is a GOOD cinnamon roll. I do love a classic cinnamon roll with cream cheese frosting, and these are just that, except with a little twist.
The dough is made purely of flour and greek yogurt, filled with a little coconut oil, some coconut or brown sugar, and lotsssss of cinnamon. I then of course top them with a heavy dose of greek yogurt cream cheese frosting. Like I said, this recipe takes the classic, adds a boost of protein, and skips the major sugar high.
Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, mixed into coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- (Add a little more maple syrup if you like it extra sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Make the dough by adding greek yogurt to a bowl, followed by flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix flour into dough, then kneed with your hands until fully combined.
- Roll onto a lightly floured surface into a rectangle.
- Melt coconut oil and mix in sugar. Spread onto the dough. Sprinkle plenty of cinnamon on top.
- Roll the dough up. Cut into 7-9 pieces.
- Spray a pie dish with non-stick baking spray. Place rolls in pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. The dough should look golden brown on the outside.
- Add all frosting ingredients to a bowl and stir or use electric mixer for a quick minute!
Approximate value per roll with frosting
Calories: 171 Fat: 3g Sodium: 25mg Carbs: 31g Sugar: 9g Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g