Looking for a new way to use chicken breast in a healthy, easy, and delicious way? Look no further. This recipe covers all of those basis.
These chicken lettuce cups are great as a main with dinner, as an appetizer, lunch, really whatever you want.
You cannot go wrong with a quick recipe that takes a matter of 20 minutes to put together!
So wether you are looking for a quick weeknight meal, a delicious game day appetizer, or a simple lunch. Here you have it.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe
Yield: 12-14 cups Prep time 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce*
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 inch cube fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs green onion, finely diced
- 10-12 Boston leaves, ice berg lettuce, or romaine lettuce
- For topping: Sesame seeds, hoisin sauce, siracha
- Start by chopping your chicken breasts into smaller cubes.
- Add soy sauce, honey, and chili paste into a bowl and stir to combine. Add your chicken breast to the bowl and marinate for anywhere between 20 minutes to 2/3 hours. (If you are making this in a pinch 5-10 minutes is fine)
- Prepare garlic, ginger, and green onion.
- Heat up a large skillet to medium-high heat. Then add your sesame oil to the pan, followed by the garlic, ginger, and green onion.
- Sautee for about two minutes, and then add the marinade chicken to the pan as well.
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 10-12 minutes total. Stir-frying the cubed chicken around to ensure it cooks through all pieces.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, turn the heat off and prepare your lettuce of choice as your cups.
- Fill your lettuce cup with a few heaping tablespoons of chicken.
- Top it off with some sesame seeds, hoisin sauce for a hint of sweetness, and sriracha for a kick!
Per 1 of 14 cups
Calories: 61 Total Fat: 3g Sodium: 296mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 7g