(BBB) Best Banana Bread
Banana bread. One of the most popular and best baking recipes out there. There are obviously many different banana bread recipes, and most of them are super delicious. Despite thinking of this sweet bread being “healthy” due to its name, a lot of recipes call for loads of sugar and butter. So I have come up a recipe without all the butter and sugar, that is still delicious. And on top of that, it is made with oat flour for anyone who cannot have gluten. I think I’ve succeeded on this one lol.
This banana bread is super simple; only requires 5 ingredients, and can be customized however you like. Adding walnuts or pecans, or maybe a few chocolate chips. SO good. A piece of this banana bread with a little nut butter is one of my favourite snacks.
If you have a few ripe bananas just waiting to be used for baking, this is the perfect recipe. If your bananas aren’t ripe and you just really want to make these right now, I’ve taken a regular banana, sliced it up, and microwaved for 1 minute. It works pretty effectively to soften and sweeten the bananas instantly.
This recipe is quick, easy, and delicious. Three important things when it comes to baking in my opinion haha. I always start with making my oatflour by blending the oats, and then adding all the dry ingredients. Then, I mash my bananas. Pro tip: Mash your bananas on a plate instead of a bowl, it’s way easier.
Mix it all up, pour it in a bread pan, and you have a delicious loaf of banana bread ready to pop in the oven and bake to perfection.
This banana bread is super good for you, and a great option for a pre-workout snack. Containing fast digesting carbohydrates from the oats and banana.
Bananas are a very popular pre and post workout snack choice. Why is this? Like mentioned above, they are a great source of fast digesting carbohydrates, which means it’s nice and easy for our body to absorb the energy they provide right when we need energy to pump some iron! They also have a ton of potassium, which is helpful for exercising and muscle growth.
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Yield: 1 loaf (10-12 slices) Prep time: 10 minutes Baking time: 30 minutes
- 2 C oatflour *
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp maple syrup**
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional add-ins: Chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts
*Can substitute for regular all-purpose flour
**Honey can be used as a substitute as well
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Make oatflour by blending or food processing old fashion rolled oats. (Or quick oats)
- Add oatflour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mash three ripe bananas.
- Whisk two eggs and mix in with bananas.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix in optional add-ins if desired.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Pour batter into the pan. If desired, sprinkle cinnamon on top or other optional toppings.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes. (Oven temperatures will vary so it could take up to 35 minutes)
Per 1 piece
Calories: 107 Total Fat: 2g Sodium: 13mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 8g Protein: 3g
One thought on “Healthy Banana bread”
Looking forward to trying your banana bread. All your other creations have been great