One of my favourite flavours is lemongrass. It is a unique tasting herb that adds a burst of flavour to whatever dish it is added to. It has a light you guessed it, lemony taste and makes whatever you’re eating taste refreshing.
If you aren’t familiar with lemongrass and maybe have never cooked with it before I highly recommend looking for it the next time you go grocery shopping. An important tip when preparing lemongrass is to chop it very finely as it is quite tough.
Lemongrass tea is a very common tea flavour that is known for its health benefits. Lemongrass contains many essential vitamins and minerals. It’s a good source of calcium, potassium, magnesium and vitamin A to name a few.
So I’ve come up with a super simple pan fried lemon grass chicken recipe that is healthy and delicious. All you need to do is marinade the chicken and then pan fry when you are ready to eat.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Marinade: 2-8 hours Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 Chicken breast
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 stalks lemongrass finely chopped
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Chopped cilantro to serve (optional)
- Place chicken breast into ziplock bag.
- Mince garlic and chop lemongrass
- Put in ziplock bag along with all other ingredients and place in fridge to marinade for at least two hours.
- When you are ready to make heat large pan to medium high with 1 tbsp olive oil or non stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in pan along with all the juices from the marinade.
- Cook chicken fully through. Roughly 6 or 7 minutes per side. Time will vary depending on the size of the chicken breast.
- Serve with side dishes of choice (I highly recommend making this with my Asian Style Sweet Potato and Zucchini Noodles).
Per 4oz chicken breast
Calories: 172 Total Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 1g sodium: 1 075mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 1 Sugar: 0g Protein: 32g